VA-503+ W/ AMD-K6-2-333 W/3D Windows 95 hangs up on Installation

Autor: Tstech_at_linkbelt.com
Data: Wed 02 Dec 1998 - 16:50:31 MET

System Specifications:
Motherboard: VA-503+
PCB Rev. 16400
CPU AMD -K6-2-333 W/3D
Memory Configuration 32 Meg PC-100
Bios Version Award Modular Bios v4.51PG
                      Version 1.13JE12
                      Award Plug and Play Bios Extension V1.0A
Operating System Windows 95 Rev. B
Hard Drive Maxtor 5.7 Gigabyte Model 90576D4
Video Card Diamond Stealth 64 2001 PCI w/2Meg DRAM
Sound Card SoundBlaster 16
Modem U.S. Robotics 33.6 Winmodem

This is a first time installation, (the hard drive is new also) it has been
FDISK(ed) and formatted.

When I install Windows 95 it gets past all of the original installation and
hangs up at the (Starting Windows For The First Time..) Screen.

When I restart the machine it hangs up on the windows (clouds) screen or
continually reboots (loops) at this point. It will boot to the “safe mode” but
I am unable to remedy the situation from there.

I have tried removing the sound card and modem before installing Windows 95 to
try and eliminate any hardware conflicts but, I get the same results.

I have checked all the jumper settings and they are correct per the VA-503+
manual.

Has anyone had a similar problem, I have tried everything I can think of plus
technical support from where I purchased the products, they have not een much
help.

Please contact me with any suggestions at Tstech_at_linkbelt.com
Thank You