Re: CHIPSET VIA APOLLO -100 MHz

Autor: Jan Olszewski (jachol_at_friko2.onet.pl)
Data: Tue 24 Mar 1998 - 17:51:52 MET

Adam Nowak napisał(a) w wiadomości: <3515A04D.51A505A8_at_friko.onet.pl>...
>Cos nieuwaznie czytasz anandtech :
>
>"As mentioned before, not all CPU's will work at the 90MHz bus speed
>setting, the Pentium MMX had no
> problems at all clocking in at 180/90, 225/90, and
>270/90. The AMD K6 and Cyrix 6x86MX test systems kept on
> corrupting the Windows Registry file, however with
>extreme and unorthodox cooling methods Winstone 97 did
> complete a single test run, revealing the
>performance of the 90MHz bus speed on Socket-7 processors is quite
> dramatic itself...whetting our appetites for an
>impressive introduction of the first true 100MHz bus speed Socket-7
> motherboards later this quarter."

To teraz ja pobawie sie w cytowanie :
"Why did I chose to use the AMD K6 in the tests instead of the Pentium MMX
or Cyrix 6x86MX? Well, first of all, the Cyrix 6x86MX wouldn't even boot at
the 100MHz bus speed setting. At 100 x 2.0 the system returned a dead
screen (no video) and obviously at all higher speeds the system couldn't
manage to do more than make a few noises. The Intel Pentium MMX went a bit
further than that, the processor would boot at 100 x 2.0 as well as 100 x
2.5 (100 x 3.0 wouldn't boot at all, which is funny since 83.3 x 3.5 works
perfectly fine) however Windows 95 failed to load with a Pentium MMX
installed using the 100MHz bus speed."

No i co?
Moze Intel chodzi(system sie "butuje") jako tako na 100 Mhz pod dosem , ale
W95 juz nie zdzierzy(Ciekawe jakby wlaczyli jakas gierke z Intelem ...
trzask, prask...?)

Pozdrowienia

Jachoo
jachoo_at_bbs.chip.pl