Re: WARNING: Linux Intel Pentium Bug (fwd)

Autor: Andrzej Kasperowicz (andy_k_at_cksr.ac.bialystok.pl)
Data: Fri 14 Nov 1997 - 21:55:21 MET

Zobaczcie - cos takiego dostalem od intela gdy zaczalem monitowac o
wymiane procesora (hehe) w zwiazku z tym bledem:

Hi,

There are a number of ways of dealing with errata. These include
advising software authors of applicable programming techniques,
implementing operating systems patches, and hardware modifications.

We have been aggressive in investigating and characterizing this issue
since Friday, November 7th. We are following our normal(albeit
accelerated) process and have begun the process of working with key
industry software and hardware providers to determine the best
workaround for this issue. We expect to have an update on the status
of the workarounds within the next week.

Intel has a web page dedicated to this issue. I recommend that you
browse that page occasionally for updates on the situation.

http://support.intel.com/support/processors/pentium/ppiie/index.htm

Joe Goldmeer
Intel Internet Support

* All other brands and names are property of their respective owner.