Re: IE4 - ALE NUMER!

Autor: Michał Jaskólski (jj_at_gdansk.sprint.pl)
Data: Tue 08 Apr 1997 - 16:47:28 MET DST

Dnia Mon, 07 Apr 1997 15:13:56 GMT, jj_at_gdansk.sprint.pl (Michał Jaskólski)
napisał(a):

>Zastanawiałem się, czemu na www.microsoft.com nie ma linków do IE4 beta
>Przed chwilą przeczytałem informację, że IE4 beta pojawiła się na kilka
>godzin 5 kwietnia... po czym została wycofana! Kopie krążące po sieci to
>podobno kopie "unauthorised".

Oto nowsze informacje:
On April 7th, Microsoft finally posted the platform preview version
(12,630,744 bytes) of Internet Explorer 4.0.. Two versions exist, one for
Windows 95 (ie4stw95.exe) and one for Windows NT 4.0 (ie4stnt.exe). The
current date for the final shipping version is towards the end of
June, Microsoft says. (This is at least four months later than originally
promised.) [to staje się już tradycją Microsoftu]

Although this is the official launch date for the IE4 beta, a mistake last
Saturday by Microsoft engineers [!!!] who were testing the download process
caused the preview to be accessible to the public for a few hours; software
distribution sites such as Tucows snatched it up and reposted it. According
to Paul Balle, IE4 product manager, these repostings should [!?] be the same
as the official beta code released today, but he suggests downloading the
installation file from the Microsoft Web site if you have any doubts.

This new release of Microsoft's browser features dynamic-HTML viewing
capabilities, a new search window, integrated off-line browsing facilities,
and a redesigned mail interface.
Bundled with IE4 are a WYSIWYG HTML editor for building pages or creating
mail messages [?!], a personal Web server, and the NetMeeting 2.0 voice- and
video-conferencing application.

This IE4 preview also contains optional Web-integration features that will
transform the Windows desktop into a browser-based shell. Web integration
will result in a new Start menu that features "Find on the Internet," a
customizable taskbar, context-sensitive menus on the My Computer
file-management utility, and access to Favorites from the Start menu and My
Computer. Microsoft plans to incorporate a browser-based shell into
the next release of the Windows operating system.

---
Czuję, że ściągnę IE4 beta, jak tylko pojawi się wersja PL (integracja z
pulpitem i bajery powyżej), ale jako przeglądarki www nadal będę używał
Netscape'a, a newsy czytał Agentem ;-).
   Michał Jaskólski      [ jj_at_gdansk.sprint.pl ]
http://www.gdansk.sprint.pl/~jj/    [ homepage ]
http://www.gdansk.sprint.pl/~jj/jw23/ [ JWww23 ]
 -- Nie rób nic na siłę; weź większy młotek --