Bad job by US Computers

Autor: Steven R. Elswick (exotic_at_rainbow.rmii.com)
Data: Wed 09 Oct 1996 - 21:19:59 MET DST

This is from Dick Corner, c/o:POBox 729, Colo Sp,
Colorado state Republic.

Do you want to do business with a company that does the following?

I discussed ordering a system with Dennis at the 800 # of US Computer,
one of the big advertisers in the COMPUTER SHOPPER.

When they would not ship from inventory but gave me a ship date in
what I considered the far future, I got Dennis' assurance that they
would not bill my Mastercard until they were ready to ship. That
seems fare and he said it would be that way.

Being attentive to business, I checked with Mastercard a few days
later and was told that the full amount had been billed to my card.
Good. My computer has been shipped!

WRONG!!!!

I called Dennis who said it would not ship for ten or fifteen more
days. I told him we had agreed not to charge until it was ready to
ship. He said yes the order is marked that way. I told him I wanted
that charge taken off my card until the system is ready to ship and
he said he would do it.

Two days later the charge had not been removed so I called them
again and they made no effort to correct their mistake this time
either. So I canceled the order.

The charge is STILL not removed and it is twelve days after the
cancellation. It seems that they can take your money when they
want, against your will; but they fulfill their obligations when
they are good and ready: in their own good time!!! (If at all:
I still haven't gotten the money back as I write this. AND the
general manager, Chuck Chaimberland, threatened a law suit if
I dare to tell my story!! How about THAT?)

Maybe YOU would like to do business with US Computer, "Order 24
hours via fax at 714-841-4262." REFUNDS for unshipped goods
erroneously charged to your credit card at their leisure!!

Dick Corner (I’m not afraid, Chuck Chaimberland, it is all TRUE.)
3:30 am 10/9/96