Fw: [Seminarium] FW: CfP EuroPar2005- deadline extended!

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_iod.krakow.pl>
Data: Wed 02 Feb 2005 - 10:53:06 MET

> [...]
> topics:
>
> 1. Support Tools and Environments
> 2. Performance Prediction and Evaluation
> 3. Scheduling and Load Balancing
> 4. Compilers for High Performance
> 5. Parallel and Distributed Databases, Data Mining and Knowledge
> Discovery
> 6. Grid and Cluster Computing: Models, Middleware and Architectures
> 7. Parallel Computer Architecture and ILP
> 8. Distributed Systems and Algorithms
> 9. Parallel Programming: Models, Methods, and Languages
> 10. Parallel Numerical Algorithms
> 11. Distributed and High-Performance Multimedia
> 12. Theory and Algorithms for Parallel Computation
> 13. Routing and Communication in Interconnection Networks
> 14. Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
> 15. Peer-to-Peer and Web Computing
> 16. Applications of High-Performance and Grid Computing
>
> The conference will also feature tutorials and invited
> talks. Co-located workshops are also planned. We encourage you to
> visit the conference Web site on a regular basis for the latest
> information about Euro-Par 2005.
>

> Important Dates:
> ----------------
> February 8, 2005: Full papers due
> May 3, 2005: Notification of acceptance
> May 30, 2005: Camera-ready full papers and author registration due
> Aug. 30 - Sept. 2, 2005: Euro-Par 2005 at Universidade Nova de Lisboa
>

> Full papers:
> ------------
> Full papers (10 pages, Springer LNCS style) are invited, offering
> original contributions, not submitted for publication
> elsewhere. Authors must submit their papers to the specific topic they
> judge most appropriate. Papers must be submitted in PDF or Postscript
> formats. Paper submission is performed electronically using the
> conference Web site. Paper submission is now OPEN.
>
> Work-in-progress short papers:
> ------------------------------
> There will be also the opportunity to submit work-in-progress short
> papers with a later submission deadline and published separately
> from the conference proceedings. Details will appear soon on the
> conference Web site.
>
> Conference Proceedings:
> -----------------------
> The accepted full papers will be published in the conference
> proceedings, in the Springer Verlag LNCS series. Their PDF or
> Postscript versions must be supplied, as well as their sources,
> according to the author instructions available on the Web.
>
> Conference Chair:
> -----------------
> Jose C. Cunha
> Department of Informatics
> Faculty of Sciences and Technology
> Universidade Nova de Lisboa
> 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
> Email: jcc@di.fct.unl.pt
> http://asc.di.fct.unl.pt/~jcc
>

> Topic 10 Description
> --------------------
> Fast and reliable parallel algorithms for the basic problems of numerical
mathematics and their effective implementation in easy-to-use portable
software components are crucial for computational solution of scientific and
engineering problems. The sessions under this topic will be a forum for the
presentation and discussion of new developments in the field of parallel
numerical algorithms, covering all aspects from basic algorithms, efficient
implementation on modern parallel, distributed and network-based
architectures, including clusters and grids, to software design and
prototyping in mathematical software components and performance analysis.
Contributions dealing with algorithms and software for problems in all the
areas of numerical mathematics are welcome. However, focus will be on
parallel algorithms and software for the following areas: