Fw: [Microscopy] viaWWW: Postdoc opening at Penn State

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_IOd.krakow.pl>
Data: Wed 05 May 2004 - 09:41:48 MET DST

> Title-Subject: [Microscopy] [Filtered] MListserver:Postdoc opening at Penn
State

> Question: POST-DOCTORAL POSITION
> in
> Electron Microscopy of Nanostructured Electronic Materials
> at
> The Pennsylvania State University
>

> A postdoctoral position is available in the area of nanostructured
electronic materials beginning July 1, 2004. The research project focuses
on understanding interface structure and chemistry in heterostructured thin
films and nanowires. Aspects of the project will be conducted under the
auspices of an NSF-NIRT program on semiconducting nanowires. Through a
variety of electron imaging and spectroscopy techniques we aim to quantify
atomic structure and chemistry of interfaces in heterostructured materials.
Most of the research will be conducted on a JEOL 2010F Field Emission
TEM/STEM outfitted with an EDAX energy dispersive x-ray spectrometer (EDS),
Gatan Enfina electron energy loss spectrometer (EELS), high-angle annular
dark field STEM detector, and acquisition hardware and software for spectrum
imaging. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in
HRTEM, STEM, EDS and EELS. The salary will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience.