Fw: ICCE-11 conference NEWS, April 9, 2004

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_IOd.krakow.pl>
Data: Tue 13 Apr 2004 - 07:45:22 MET DST

ICCE-11 NEWSLETTER

Eleventh International Conference on Composites/Nano Engineering, ICCE-11 August 8-14, 2004 in Hilton-Head island, South Carolina, USA

Many thanks for your interest and support of ICCE-11 conference, the conference web is,

www.uno.edu/~engr/composite

1. Please inform as many interested colleagues as possible, to present papers at this ICCE-11 conference. We are glad that at least five ICCE-11 speakers are members of the National Academy of Engineering, their vitae is in the above web page.

2. Reserve your Marriott Hotel in Hilton-Head island as soon as possible. Remember that airline ticket may be less expensive for a seven night stay. Hotel rate is $86+tax per night for six or more nights, if you forgot to mention ICCE, you may be asked to pay $230+resort fee+tax per night, so hurry to reserve your hotel rooms. Hilton-Head is a beautiful resort-feeling island, comparable to Hawaii in natural beauty.

3. "If" you have not emailed to me the detailed two-page abstract, please email abstract to me, and follow abstract format in the above web page

4. We encourage participants to collaborate and write joint research proposals. Researchers from outside USA may wish to collaborate with those in USA. Government workshop on funding trends will be held Wednesday August 11, 2004. Program managers will be selected from ONR, Army, DOT, DOE, NSF, among others. Researchers outside USA may wish to collaborate with USA researchers and spend a sabbatical semester(s) in USA.

5. There is a list of 17 open faculty opportunities (dated March 30, 2004) in computer attachment, we welcome interested people such as your postdoctoral or recent Ph.D. graduates to apply for these positions. ICCE is a forum to encourage professional growth and joint research collaboration. If you have open position, please inform me and we will post it in the next ICCE newsletter. We have received many compliments on this free service, to advertise job opportunities, especially in economically slow years.

6. If you have good graduate students finishing master degree with you (bachelor degree should preferably be in mechanical engineering or related field) and wish to pursue Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering doing research on NANOMATERIALS at University of New Orleans, please inform me. We can explore possible joint supervision of such students and thus, conduct joint research.

regards

David Hui

Aprill 7, 2004

IF YOU WISH TO UNSUBSCRIBE, PLEASE "SPECIFY" EMAIL ADDRESS, AND WRITE CANCEL