Autor: Thomas Kurtz (thomas.kurtz_at_stud.fh-hannover.de)
Data: Tue 30 May 2000 - 00:21:05 MET DST

Witam Was,

wlasnie dostalem przed chwila tego E-Maila z ta nisamowita wiadomoscia o znalezisku olbrzymiej srebrnej bryly srebra, najwiekszej dotychczas !

Przekonajcie sie sami :                Tomasz Kurtz.

Giant Silver Nugget Found in Australia

Reuters

SYDNEY (May 25) - A silver nugget the size of a wallaby and weighing 363

pounds has been discovered in the Australian outback and will be put for sale
at auction.

Veteran prospector Leslie White, chairman of East Coast Minerals NL, said the
nugget -- unearthed 82 metres below the surface -- was about 40 times larger
than any he had preivously encountered.

"When I first saw it I said: 'Goodbye Charlie -- it's going to take
three
Sumo wrestlers to lift!'" White told Reuters.

"As far as I know, it's the biggest one ever found in the world."

The nugget contains about 2,000 ounces of silver, making it worth only about
$10,000 dollars at today's depressed silver prices.

However, White said he hoped nugget would fetch 10 times as much at an auction planned in a couple of weeks.

The nugget is about 80 cm long, 40 cm wide and 30 cm deep. It was discovered
two weeks ago at the Elizabeth Hill lode, operated by East Coast and partner
Legend Mining, in far north Western Australia.