Skad atom wie kiedy ma sie rozpasc?

Autor: ll <listowner.listy_at_googlemail.com>
Data: Sat 21 May 2011 - 23:51:17 MET DST

Ktos mi zadal pytania odnosnie rozpadu promieniotworczego atomow:

> A dlaczego jeden rozpada się już, a inny musi na to poczekać, skoro
> niczym się nie różnią? Skąd każdy z nich "wie" kiedy ma się rozpaść?
> Gdzie mają taką informację? :-) A może z tymi atomami, to jest tak jak
> z pojedynczym człowiekiem i tłumem który jako pewna całość funkcjonuje
> nieco inaczej niż jednostki?

W studenckich czasach tez sie kiedys nad tym zastanawialem, ale nie
przypominam sobie odpowiedzi, wiec chyba takiej nie bylo.
Jest prawo rozpadu naturalnego, ale ono nie odpowiada na te pytania.

Krotkie googlanie wyrzucilo przyklad podobnych pytan:
"A teraz weźmy jakiś niestabilny atom. Czy on ma w sobie zegar? Czy
rozumie czas? A jeśli tak, to w jaki sposób go rozumie? Skąd wie, kiedy ma
się rozpaść? Rozpada się całkowicie przypadkowo? Wiemy, że nie całkowicie, bo
są "prawa rozpadu". Jak więc taki atom "mierzy czas"? Czym go mierzy? Z jaką
dokładnością go mierzy? Skąd wie co to jest 10E-20 czy 10E+120?"
http://autodafe.salon24.pl/64951,dlaczego-stale-fundamentalne-fizyki-maja-byc-zmienne#comment_998466

Filozofowie na ten temat tez debatuja:

"Or consider the case of radioactive decay. In any given time period, a
certain percentage of the atoms of a radioactive material will
spontaneously decay. That percentage is constant as a function of the
number of remaining atoms, and is totally independent of sample size. In
fact, it is a universal constant for the material, and is usually
expressed in the form of the material's half­life. But how do just the
right number of atoms 'know' to disintegrate in a specified time interval?
How does any one atom 'know' what its neighbors are doing? Is it some sort of
Leibnizian pre­established harmony? "
http://www.zubiri.org/works/englishworksabout/frsciencenature.htm

Sa tam tez podane dwa inne ciekawe problemy:
"The scientist knows that physical processes are regulated by laws which are
expressible in terms of mathematics. For example, under Newtonian mechanics
the distance travelled by a freely falling body is s = 1/2 at2, What does
this mean? Does the body somehow 'know' that it is supposed to fall in such a
way that it satisfies the differential equation d2s/dt2 = g? "

"Or take what may be the most famous example of this apparent 'knowledge' on
the part of physical objects. If we assemble the usual apparatus for
measuring interference of electrons, consisting of a source of coherent (i.e.
in phase) electrons having a wavelength given by the deBroglie relation , a
screen containing two slits, and a second screen such that the electrons from
the source passing through the two slits may impinge on it, we will observe
an interference pattern. The exact details are unimportant. The phenomenon of
interference is well­known, and occasions no surprise. But now let the
electrons be emitted one at a time. We would expect, naturally, that the
pattern should disappear, since it was formed only by the phase relationships
resulting from large numbers of particles emerging from the two slits. But,
when the experiment is performed, the pattern remains constant, in the sense
that the electrons show up at the same places they did before. How can this
be? How can one single electron go through both slits and interfere with
itself? Or how can it know which point on the screen to strike? Yet somehow
it apparently does. Or perhaps it doesn't. Perhaps the entire way of viewing
the problem, which gives rise to this paradox, needs to be discarded."

Co mowi wikipedia:
"Rozpad radioaktywny jest procesem losowym związanym ze zjawiskiem
tunelowym i nie da się przewidzieć, w jakim momencie dany atom ulegnie
rozpadowi. Można natomiast określić prawdopodobieństwo rozpadu w
określonym czasie. Jest ono niemal niezależne od czynników zewnętrznych, w
tym i od wielkości próbki, dlatego dla każdego nietrwałego jądra można
określić charakterystyczny czas połowicznego rozpadu - czas, po jakim
połowa jąder z próbki ulegnie rozpadowi[92]. Rozpad jest wykładniczy, co
oznacza, że po upływie dwukrotności tego czasu pozostaje 1/4 jąder, po
trzykrotności 1/8 itd."
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom#Rozpad_radioaktywny

Wiecej po angielsku:
"A half-life often describes the decay of discrete entities, such as
radioactive atoms. In that case, it does not work to use the definition
"half-life is the time required for exactly half of the entities to
decay". For example, if there is just one radioactive atom with a half-
life of 1 second, there will not be "half of an atom" left after 1 second.
There will be either zero atoms left or one atom left, depending on
whether or not the atom happens to decay.

Instead, the half-life is defined in terms of probability. It is the time
when the expected value of the number of entities that have decayed is
equal to half the original number. For example, one can start with a
single radioactive atom, wait its half-life, and measure whether or not it
decays in that period of time. Perhaps it will and perhaps it will not.
But if this experiment is repeated again and again, it will be seen that -
on average - it decays within the half life 50% of the time.

In some experiments (such as the synthesis of a superheavy element), there
is in fact only one radioactive atom produced at a time, with its lifetime
individually measured. In this case, statistical analysis is required to
infer the half-life. In other cases, a very large number of identical
radioactive atoms decay in the time-range measured. In this case, the law
of large numbers ensures that the number of atoms that actually decay is
essentially equal to the number of atoms that are expected to decay. In
other words, with a large enough number of decaying atoms, the
probabilistic aspects of the process can be ignored.

There are various simple exercises that demonstrate probabilistic decay,
for example involving flipping coins or running a computer
program.[2][3][4] For example, the image on the right is a simulation of
many identical atoms undergoing radioactive decay. Note that after one
half-life there are not exactly one-half of the atoms remaining, only
approximately, due to random variation in the process. However, with more
atoms (right boxes), the overall decay is smoother and less random than
with fewer atoms (left boxes), in accordance with the law of large
numbers."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-life#Probabilistic_nature_of_half-life

BTW, to tez ciekawe:
"Na Ziemi naturalnie występuje około 339 różnych nuklidów[76], z czego 227
(około 67%) jest stabilnych i nie ulega radioaktywnemu rozpadowi. Jednak
jedynie 90 z nich nie ma teoretycznej możliwości rozpadu, pozostałe 137
taką możliwość wedle współczesnej wiedzy posiadają, ale nigdy takiego
rozpadu nie zaobserwowano. Oprócz tych 227 stabilnych nuklidów u kolejnych
30 potwierdzono radioaktywny rozpad, ale czas tego rozpadu jest zbyt duży,
aby dało się go wyznaczyć eksperymentalnie. Kolejnych 31 ma czas
połowicznego rozpadu przekraczający 80 milionów lat, dzięki czemu ich
resztki dotrwały do dzisiejszych czasów od początków istnienia Układu
Słonecznego. Daje to w sumie 288 tzw. pierwotnych nuklidów, istniejących
na Ziemi od jej początków. Ostatnie 51 istniejących na Ziemi naturalnie
nuklidów to produkty rozpadu cięższych nuklidów (jak np. rad powstający z
rozpadu uranu) i produkty naturalnych reakcji jądrowych (jak węgiel-14
produkowany w górnych warstwach atmosfery pod wpływem promieniowania
kosmicznego)[77][78]."
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom

Ale odpowiedzi na postawione pytania brak.