Re: bakterie arsenowe

Autor: ll <listowner.listy_at_googlemail.com>
Data: Thu 02 Dec 2010 - 23:34:46 MET

> jednak nie ściema, bo NewScientist też o tym pisze:
>
> http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19805-arseniceating-bacteria-point-to-
> new-life-forms.html
>
> no to biochemicy bedą mieli zajęcia na najbliższe lata :)

"Like NASA's Ed Weiler says: "The definition of life has just
expanded."...
NASA's geobiologist Pamela Conrad thinks that the discovery is huge and
"phenomenal," comparing it to the Star Trek episode in which the
Enterprise crew finds Horta, a silicon-based alien life form that can't be
detected with tricorders because it wasn't carbon-based. It's like saying
that we may be looking for new life in the wrong places with the wrong
methods. Indeed, NASA tweeted that this discovery "will change how we
search for life elsewhere in the Universe.""

Niech teraz jeszcze odkryja organizm krzemowy, zamiast weglowego i bedzie
jeszcze ciekawiej. :)

Przy okazji:
The Probability of Finding Aliens Is Now Three Times Higher:
http://gizmodo.com/5703835/the-probability-of-finding-aliens-is-now-three-times-higher