Re: MVP3 a MVP4

Autor: Grzegorz Mazur (NOSPAMgregu_at_bart.nlNOSPAM)
Data: Sun 18 Jul 1999 - 16:12:32 MET DST

Tomo wrote in message
<01bed112$a9e18be0$140a0a0a_at_produkcja.radio.trefl.intra>...
>> Czym sie różni MVP3 od MVP4 ???
>> ...Dzieki !
>
>Wydaje mi sie, ze glownie obsluga trybu UDMA 66.

Niezupełnie... MVP3 to zwykły chipset. MVP4 to MVP3 + UDMA/66 + karta graf.

Oto cytat:

<CYTAT Source="http://www.viatech.com/products/prodmvp4.htm">
The Apollo MVP4 is an advanced System Multimedia Architecture (SMA) PC core
logic chipset for Super 7 PC systems. The VIA Apollo MVP4 is a combination
of the widely successful VIA Apollo MVP3 and a high performance 2D/3D
graphics controller. Paired with the new VIA VT82C686 Super South bridge,
The MVP4 is a compelling solution for cost-effective, full-feature desktop
and mobile PC designs.
The MVP4 integrates an AGP 2.0 - compliant 2D/3D AGP graphics controller
into the north bridge of the chipset. Packed with features, the controller
incorporates a 64-bit 2D/3D graphics engine and video accelerator with
advanced DVD video and optional TV output capability. The controller
supports Win-95 and Win-98 / NT5 miniport drivers.

For full feature system designs, the Apollo MVP4 is paired with the VIA
VT82C686 south bridge. Highly advanced, the south bridge combines an
integrated 2D/3D engine with DVD hardware acceleration, AC-97 audio support
for SoundBlaster Pro and FM synthesis legacy audio, super I/O, and hardware
monitoring capabilities.
</CYTAT>

I wszystko jasne...

--
"(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer?"
Grzegorz Mazur