Fwd: [win32-os2] Important Odin announcement

Autor: Lech Wiktor Piotrowski (lewhoo_at_teamos2.org.pl)
Data: Tue 09 Jan 2001 - 18:54:58 MET

The Odin team is glad to announce a major step forward
in the development of our Open Source Win32 environment.

Thanks to the help of IBM, we have been able to replace the GDI
part of Open32 by a library from IBM called WGSS50. This is an
Open32 subset for graphics also used for the IBM Netscape
Communicator 4.04 and 4.61 ports to OS/2. We have gotten a slightly
improved version of that library for distribution with Odin.

Compared to the original Open32 library, WGSS50 contains a large
number of problem fixes and performance improvements that
were done by IBM during porting of the Netscape 4.x browsers
to OS/2.

Starting 2001-01-10, all Odin builds will be based on this library
which is provided in binary form for distribution with Odin. You
might see some improvements already, especially when using
Scitech Display Doctor or other GRADD based drivers
but all the integration work done so far has been concentrated
on making it function equally well before releasing it. We expect
to be able to make a lot of progress in the graphics area shortly.

Many thanks to the dedicated Browser team at IBM Austin for
their help and valuable contribution to the development of
Odin.

Kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen,
    Achim Hasenmueller

InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH
phon: +49 7151 9965-30
achimha_at_innotek.de
http://www.innotek.de
Germany

Lech Wiktor Piotrowski | ICQ#: 50746253 | lewhoo_at_teamos2.org.pl
TeamOS/2 Poland Webmaster - http://www.teamos2.org.pl
Inne systemy maja uzytkownikow, OS/2 ma wyznawcow
My OS/2 system uptime is: : 1d 0h 39m 01s 367ms (en).