Re: instalacja warp 4 problem z fdiskiem DLUGIE

Autor: Rafał Zawiślak (rafalz_at_box43.gnet.pl)
Data: Mon 20 Nov 2000 - 11:14:59 MET

Przemyslaw Dobrowolski napisał(a):
> A masz pomysł, żeby W2000 nie rozp*.* mi bootmanagera... Traktuje go jako FAT12.

BSL jest calkiem fajny [http://www.kawecki.prv.pl], natomiast co do
Bootmanagera, to bylo kiedys info na ten temat ma Warpcascie:

  Windows 2000 RC2 did not destroy Boot Manager the way the final
  release version does. The problem has been traced to a single
  Win2000 file. The file is FASTFAT.SYS. It lives in the
  WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS directory and the WINNT\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE
  directoy.
  What you need to do is copy this file from a Win2000 Relase Candidate2
 (possibly earlier version also - I don't know) install onto your
Win2000
  final version install above directories. You need to copy it to
  DLLCACHE first. This is a hidden directory, so you need to go to a
  command prompt and CD to it. Rename the original one first and then
  copy the RC2 version there. You will get an error message box about
  a system file being changed. Press CANCEL. Now copy the file into
  the DRIVERS directory. These directions assume you are doing the
  coping under Win2000. I guess if you do it under OS/2 it might be
  easier, I dunno. I did it under Win2000 because it's installed on a
  FAT32 partition so OS/2 can't see it.

  Anyways, reboot with your OS/2 install disks and re-install the
  Boot Manager. You can also add Win2000 to the Boot Manager. Now,
  when you boot Win2000, BM is no longer destroyed.

Nie wiem czy to rozwiazanie dziala ale pliczek mam i moglbym
zainteresowanym podeslac.

zdrowko

--
Rafal