Fwd: Re: [eComStation] eComStation vs Software Choice

Autor: Lech Wiktor Piotrowski (lewhoo_at_teamos2.org.pl)
Data: Fri 14 Jul 2000 - 22:31:44 MET DST

Byc moze to tylko wyjatek, ale to male ostrzezenie przed SWchoice. Ja sie powoli
zaczynam zastanawiac, cz SW czy jednak ecomstation...

Just a bit about software choice, wholesalers, and IBM and
OS/2 in general, support wise.

>When you buy into Software Choice, do you think your
>ideas and suggestions (and error reports) will be
>evaluated in future releases of Software Choice? Will
>you be treated as an important customer?

It is now 14th July 2000.
I ordered 2 x Software Choice Subscriptions on 13th March.
Quite a number of phone calls and a couple of faxes & emails,
and the Help of Voytek in Australia (I'm in Melbourne), I still
dont have any access to the OS/2 Site, IBM have now got onto
Lotus in Japan for me, so I'll see what happens next.
When I contacted Lotus in Japan direct via email, I eventually
got a phone call from the wholesaler I purchased these from,
then silence, as they had delivered 1 x Software Choice piece
of paper in an envelope - delivered late April, I think they
decieded they had done there bit. So, what do I do with this
one piece of paper ?? Lotus Japan refer me back to the
wholesaler, the wholesaler dont want to know, so I contact
IBM, silence !!! I keep trying as I have paid my money, I
just want access !!! So I keep trying through various people,
and I finally get a response on 12 July 2000. I'm going to
wait until 20th July, then I think I'm going to start blowing my
stack.

eComStation, with the same access, and more to boot
sounds a heck of a lot better to me.

Smaller companies have a good track record of providing
innovation, and better customer service than big gaints.

(IBM Hardware support is good though ;-))

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.os2site.com

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was
standing on the shoulders of giants. -- Sir Isaac Newton