Fwd: [WarpCast] Warp 4 FP12 surpasses Windows 2000 Pro!

Autor: Leszek Kubrak (infokub_at_nw.pp.com.pl)
Data: Fri 11 Feb 2000 - 16:44:21 MET

Myślę, że dla nikogo z nas to nie nowina, ale może warto innych
tam skierować (a nuż się nawrócą).

During the year 1999 as a beta tester I tested exhaustively Windows
2000 Professional, the workstation version of the operating system
a.k.a. NT 5.0. Yesterday I upgraded my OS/2 Warp Client 4.0 to FP12
and TCPIP 4.1 (fixed) with Java 1.1.8 (the most recent runtime). For
the first time since 1997, I reinstalled this OS/2 Client which runs
450 applications just fine. I expended 1 hour 45 minutes with this
update. Finally I compared the performances of Win 2000 Pro and Warp
4 FP12 on the same machine, a Pentium 200 + 128MB RAM and I verified
that Warp is much, much more efficient, quicker and has absolute
stability. OS/2 Warp Client 4.0 FP12 surpasses Windows 2000 Pro.

I just started on my web site an extensive illustrated report about
this upgrade and about this comparative test. Check it out at:

  http://macarlo.com

Macarlo, ASP member

Leszek KUBRAK <infokub_at_pp.com.pl>

P.U.I. "InfoKub" tel.0-602-673124