Re: Larsen Commander

Autor: Lech Wiktor Piotrowski (lewhoo_at_teamos2.org.pl)
Data: Mon 13 Dec 1999 - 16:27:31 MET

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:24:29 +0100 (MET), Leif-Erik Larsen wrote:

>Dear OS/2 user,
>
>Check out Larsen Commander 1.0.
>It is a powerful GUI File Manager and Command Processor
>that combines the very best of two very different worlds;
>- the command line and the file management panels. Both available at the
>same time, and even in parallel while commands are running in the
>background!

I've downloaded it about week ago and it is great, except... :) Zip support is very
important, very.... And ofcourse it would be nice to have edior, like in FC/2, which can
handle multiply codepages... Now I call FC/2 editor form larsen :)

Ofcourse there are some minor things, which maybe you will find interesting... First, I
would prefer to have OS/2 icons as a build - n icons, for example 3d folder from warp 4,
etc...

And I would like an option to display extension just after a filename, without another
column - it saves place... and to shorten names, if they are to long, and display it full in a
bar under window...

Thx for making such a great filemanager for OS/2

Lech Wiktor Piotrowski
TeamOS/2 Poland Webmaster
http://www.teamos2.org.pl
OS / 2 = Win ^ 98 <=> Win > 1