Fwd: [WarpCast] IBM licenses SDD/2!

Autor: Przemyslaw Dobrowolski (dobrawka_at_asua.org.pl)
Data: Mon 04 Oct 1999 - 09:39:35 MET DST

>From: "WarpCast News Service" <feedback_at_os2ezine.com>

         Warpstock 99 - Atlanta, October 16-17, 1999
         Two fun filled days of OS/2 and YOU!
Registration discount has been extended to October 14th!
   Visit http://www.warpstock.org for full details

Source: (madodel_at_ptdprolog.net)
Moderator: Christopher B. Wright (wrightc_at_dtcweb.com)

Just saw this on the SDD Mail List:

Hi Guys,

Today is the first day of an official agreement between IBM and SciTech
for licensing SciTech Display Doctor for OS/2. IBM has licensed a special
edition of our SciTech Display Doctor for OS/2 product, to be made
publicly available via their drivers online pages, and in upcoming
fixpacks for OS/2 Warp Client, OS/2 Warp Server for e-Business and
Workspace On Demand. In essence SciTech Display Doctor will become the
official display driver technology included in all OS/2 products for IBM.

The IBM Special Edition of SciTech Display Doctor contains a subset of
the features contained in the full product, as outlined below:

 . Resolutions of 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200
 . Support for all color depths
 . Refresh rates from 60Hz to 85Hz
 . DDC Plug and Play monitor detection
 . Full hardware 2D acceleration
 . Hardware cursor

The IBM Special Edition will be made available by IBM after it passes
IBM's acceptance requirements. More information on this announcement will
be forthcoming when we do our official press release on the matter.