Fwd: [WarpCast] Managed Client[r]Direction

Autor: Krzysztof Stańkowski (stankos_at_pik-net.pl)
Data: Wed 22 Sep 1999 - 08:26:02 MET DST

>From: "WarpCast News Service" <feedback_at_os2ezine.com>

         Warpstock 99 - Atlanta, October 16-17, 1999
         Two fun filled days of OS/2 and YOU!
Registration discount has been extended to October 14th!
   Visit http://www.warpstock.org for full details

Source: Bob St.John (BStJohn_at_Serenity-Systems.com)
Moderator: Christopher B. Wright (wrightc_at_dtcweb.com)

We at Serenity Systems International were very encouraged
by IBM's review of Stardock's OEM proposal for a client
product. While we regret the decision by IBM not to execute
the proposal at this time, we recognize the effort and
resource expended reviewing the Stardock proposal.

Serenity Systems has an OEM software agreement with IBM. We
found the IBM process with Stardock so positive that we are
preparing to explore a potential licensing agreement with
IBM for a client product based on the Warp Server for
e-business kernel.

The Serenity Systems focus is not the traditional fat PC
client. Therefore, the client workstation requirements for
the Serenity Systems' Managed Client(r) products are
significantly different than Stardock's requirements.
However, the relationship between Stardock and Serenity
Systems is one of mutual support and cooperation. It is our
hope that Stardock will participate in some form in any
proposal to IBM.

Serenity Systems plans to announce a Statement of Direction
regarding support for a Linux based Managed Client product.
We want to make it clear that any such announcement is not
a departure from, but an addition to, our OS/2 based
client.

OS/2 Warp 4 is the superior desktop client OS for Intel PCs
in the market today. A commentary explaining our Linux and
OS/2 positioning appeared on http://32bitsonline.com last
week and is still available for review as "I'll Chose
OS/2!".
Znalazłem gdzie o tym Serenity Systems czytałem.
Trochę to wcześniej zbyt szybko czytałem bo z grubego klienta zrobił mi się alternatywny serwer.

Tak czy owak kolejna firma będzie szturmowała IBM. Święty Gral <WARP> czeka.

Krzysztof Stańkowski
stankos_at_pik-net.pl http://www.pik-net.pl/~stankos/
TeamOS/2 Polska http://www.teamos2.org.pl