Re: Modemy PCI pod OS/2

Autor: Jurek Kowalski (jkowal_at_um.szczecin.pl)
Data: Wed 28 Jul 1999 - 23:44:37 MET DST

Andrzej Pięta wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Lech Wiktor Piotrowski wrote:

> > Ostatnio ktos pisal o jakim bardzo_dobrze_dzialajacym modemie PCI (pod Os/2)
> chyba zartowal :-)))

Znalazlem cos takiego:

****************************** WarpCast ******************************
Source: Chuck Pettus (cpettus_at_spectra.net)
Moderator: Dirk Terrell (admin_at_os2ss.com)

I've just experimented with a very new PCI modem
from ACTIONTEC. It is a real modem, NOT a software,
winmodem, hsp, etc. psuedo modem emulator. It works
in DOS, OS2, LINUX, W3.x, W9x, etc. It was simple to
install and I had NO problems except for PCI slot
oversight in my haste to install. On my system, the
PCI slots have various IRQ's and I installed the
modem in a PCI slot with IRQ=5; a conflict with my
soundcard. I just switched PCI slots to IRQ=11 and
all was OK. Detail info on this modem is at:
http://www.actiontec.com/products/modems/cwi/index.html

I cos takiego:

From: Virtual Bob <h93young_at_creighton.edu>

>From what I've heard -- with one (or two?) exception -- all PCI modems
work like what we knew as "Win-modems" of yore. THat is, the compression
and error correction algorythms are run as piece of software(s) on the
host computer

--