Fwd: [WarpCast] XFolder V0.81 beta out

Autor: Przemysław Pawełczyk (warpman_at_friko5.onet.pl)
Data: Sat 24 Oct 1998 - 00:57:14 MET DST

Hi,

Który z Nas to polonizuje i czy ma dostęp do oficjalnej terminologii
IBM (OS/2 Warp)?

Warpman

****************************** WarpCast ******************************
Source: Ulrich Moeller (ulrich.moeller_at_rz.hu-berlin.de)
Moderator: Dirk Terrell (admin_at_os2ss.com)

XFolder V0.81 beta is out. The new version is available at:

http://www2.rz.hu-berlin.de/~h0444vnd/os2.htm

For those who are not familiar with XFolder yet: XFolder is
a collection of WPS replacement classes, adding a number of
those features to your desktop which you've always missed
(I hope).

Since V0.80, XFolder is freeware under the GPL. That means:

!!! The full source code is now available. !!!

National Language Support for Japanese is already finished.
Dutch, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
have been announced to me to be in the works. Please check
my homepage frequently to see the currently available NLS
packages.

Note however that this is (still) a BETA VERSION. I am
releasing this version into the public to get feedback; for
the previous version (V0.80), I was drowning in bug
reports, but apparently this version is running much
better.

--> In a word: Make a WPS backup before installing.

On my homepage, I am now maintaining a public bug list so
you can see what's running well and what's not. Please read
this before installing or contacting me. Thanks.

Main XFolder features are:

-- New, freely configurable entries to all of your WPS
folders' context menus. Anything placed in a special
configuration folder will immediately appear in the context
menus of all folders.

-- Display of folder content in folder context menus.

-- Individual removal of OS/2 default menu items.

-- Extended Sort functions for the WPS: new sort criteria,
global folder sort settings.

-- The most beautiful, flexible, and informative folder
status bars on the planet. (Bragging here.)

-- Completely new shutdown routines for the WPS: shutdown
can be cancelled, hanging apps may be skipped.

-- "Restart WPS" feature. WPS settings are not lost then.

-- Some new system sounds.

And dozens of little enhancements which cannot all be
listed here.

New with V0.81:

-- New "OS/2 Kernel" and "Workplace Shell" objects with
CONFIG.SYS settings and "WPS Classes" page for manipulating
the WPS class list.

-- "Treesize" PM program.

-- "QuickOpen" feature for folders to populate them at WPS
bootup.

-- XShutdown command-line interface.

-- Lots of bugfixes. I mean, lots.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me in the past.
XFolder wouldn't be what it is today without your help.