win32s v. 1.3

Autor: Tomasz Stelmaszczuk (hal9000_at_calder.com.pl)
Data: Mon 16 Jun 1997 - 21:11:30 MET DST

How to get Warp to use Win32 1.30? You can fake Warp 4 into it!!! Al Davis, an OS/2
enthusiast says "The only way I've seen to fake it is to rename the w32s1.25 file, copy
the w32s1.3 file into the subdirectory, install the win app that requires w32s1.3, then
delete the 1.3 and rename the 1.25 file back to the original. Apparently this works
because 1) there's not that much difference between 1.25 and 1.3 (just another
Microsoft move to screw OS/2 users; like they used to do with DesqView users who
tried to run Windows in a window) and 2) many programs that "require" w32s1.3 don't
actually require anything except the file header info because they don't use the few calls
that have changed between the two versions. Presumably the header info is checked
only at installation - this is also consistent with Microsoft forcing software authors to use
unnecessary "new" Microsoft code in order to avoid being in violation of their license.
Warp City Note: We can't guarantee this "trick" works but there should be no harm in
trying it out.

                          best regards
                       Tomasz Stelmaszczuk
IBM BESTeam TeamOS/2
Official OS/2 Ambassador Certified OS/2 Engineer
http://www.calder.com.pl e-mail: hal9000_at_calder.com.pl