Three-dimensional analysis of coalesced bainite using focused

Autor: Krzysztof Hübner <hubner_at_iod.krakow.pl>
Data: Tue 02 Sep 2008 - 09:32:14 MET DST

Polecam zobaczenie tego artykułu !

pozdrawiam KJ Hübner

M A T E R I A L S C H A R A C T E R I Z A T I O N vol 5 9 ( 2 0 0 8 ) 8 7 7 – 8 8 2

Three-dimensional analysis of coalesced bainite using focused

ion beam tomography

E. Keehana,⁎, L. Karlssona, H.K.D.H. Bhadeshiab, Mattias Thuvandera

aESAB AB, Herkulesgatan 72, Box 8004, SE-402 77 GÖTEBORG, Sweden

bMaterials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QZ, UK

A R T I C L E D A T A A B S T R A C T

A coarse constituent resulting from the coalescence of platelets of bainite has recently been

discovered in high-strength steel weld metals. The three-dimensional shape of coalesced

bainite has been investigated by serial sectioning using a focused ion beam milling facility

supplemented with observations made using field emission gun scanning electron

microscopy and light optical microscopy. A compilation of the sections into a threedimensional

model revealed the shape of the coalesced bainite grain to be lath-like with a

length in excess of 20 μm.

© 2007 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.