Fw: [Microscopy] TEM research position, New Zealand

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_iod.krakow.pl>
Data: Tue 07 Sep 2004 - 07:33:08 MET DST

> TEM Research Scientist
>
> Industrial Research Limited is New Zealand's leading industrial scientific
research organisation. Our role is to develop leading-edge technologies
into practical business opportunities (http://www.irl.cri.nz).

> IRL is strengthening its research efforts in the area of superconducting
materials and is now seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified
scientists for a two year Post-doctoral position, at our Gracefield site
(near Lower Hutt, Wellington). This is an opportunity to join an
internationally renowned team working on both Government and industry funded
projects in the area of superconducting technologies.

> Key responsibilities, knowledge and qualifications:
> * To undertake applied research and development projects in
superconducting materials, including the preparation and analysis of samples
of so-called "2nd generation" Yttrium Barium Copper OxideYBCO tapes
> * PhD or equivalent in materials science or a related field with a focus
on TEM work.
> * Experience in preparing TEM samples of composite materials is highly
desirable
> * To develop and contribute to the development of new research areas
> * To take an active role in the technology transfer process
> * Experience with superconducting materials is desirable but not essential
> *
> *
> * The successful applicant will possess:
> * Strong aptitude for experimental research and development
> * Demonstrated TEM experience
> * Good planning, organisational and problem solving skills
> * An ability to work independently and as part of a team
> * Superior oral and written communication skills
>
> An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and
experience will be offered to the successful candidate as well as a
wonderful opportunity to live in a vibrant capital city in a country
renowned for its quality of life and outdoor activities.

> 'Expressions or Interest' are invited and should be forwarded by 17
September 2004 to: Jennie Scott, Industrial Research Limited, P O Box
31-310, Lower Hutt, Wellington,